We welcome you to the official webpage of the upcoming International Symposium on Themodynamics of Metal Complexes (ISMEC 2021), that will be held online in Białystok (Poland) from June 16th to 18th, 2021.
ISMEC are the annual congresses of the International Group for the Thermodynamics of Complexes, the ISMEC Group, an open group in which researchers freely meet to share info and ideas in the field of the Thermodynamics of Complexes, whose main scope is to take initiatives and organize events and activities to promote research, best practices, training and culture in that field.
ISMEC2021 will be the 47th edition of a series of meetings that begun in Florence in 1974 as the annual congress of the Italian group of “Gruppo di Termodinamica dei Complessi”.
The scientific program will be organised in lectures, oral communications and poster sessions, focused on recent scientific advances in the thermodynamics and the kinetics of complexes in the fields of Analytical, Biomedical, Environmental, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry. Main topics include, but are not limited to:
- Complexation thermodynamics and kinetics
- Solution equilibria and coordination chemistry
- Complexation processes in supramolecular chemistry
- Metal-based reactivity and catalysis
- Metal-complex interactions with biomolecules
- Metals in diseases: transport, homeostasis and toxicity
- Metal-based drugs: diagnosis and therapy
- Metal complexes of environmental and biological interests
- Nanostructured metal complexes
- Analytical methods and sensors based on complexation equilibria
- Computer methods for equilibrium analysis
Despite the online format, the Organizing Committee will do all its best to guarantee that the Symposium will provide a valuable discussion forum on the above areas, fostering new collaborations among researchers from diverse backgrounds with complementary skills and goals. In addition to lectures, covering a wide range of topics, a poster session will provide multiple opportunities for informal discussions in a friendly atmosphere. The presentation of oral communications by young researches will be particularly promoted.
We look forward to welcome you on ISMEC 2021
The Organizing Committee